«Atlantic Frigate»® internal coatings are used in the production of large-diameter pipes (oil and gas pipelines) with a smooth coating for:
- internal isolation;
- paint lines with single-layer airless application;
- ensuring warranty periods during storage and transportation of pipelines.
- A smooth and mechanically strong coating with a roughness of up to 10 microns.
- Dry residue above 90%.
- After drying, an excellent adhesion up to 1 point.
- Technological at different temperatures, do not form a precipitate.
- Form a flexible coating resistant to chemicals and organic solvents.
- Eliminate the formation of defects: porosity, sagging, swelling of the film, peeling, cracks.
Smooth coating technologies consists of three main functions that we improve by refining the coating composition:
- protective functions and corrosion resistance of the coating are regulated by resin compositions and ratios of two components;
- smoothness of the inner surface of the pipe is regulated by the degree of dispersion of the paint and grinding technology;
- the effectiveness of paint work is regulated by the rheology and viscosity of the two components.
It is a dual-pack system with components A and B. The lifetime after mixing is regulated by temperature (20-40 ° C) and ranges from 10 to 60 minutes. Inorganic finely ground substances with high opacity and chemical resistance are selected as pigments. The composition contains additives and surfactants that contribute to good spreading, wetting of the substrate, eliminate the effects of crater formation, Benard cells and the "orange peel” effect.
We have our own extensive experience in the development of 2-component epoxy compounds for smooth coating of pipes.
- In pursuit of quality indicators, we conducted more than 3,000 experimental tests and developed the R&D design for smooth paints.
- We examined up to 100 risks that pipe plants face and focused on:
- involuntary growth of pore defects;
- dependence of line efficiency on the curing process;
- the effect of surface preparation on roughness defects.
- We use bench devices that simulate a variety of technologies - from shot blasting to drying coatings. This evaluates the potential of all paint formulations.
- We predict the kinetics of the curing process in the conditions of a pipe manufacturer.
All of our expertise will be at your service.